Monday, April 11, 2011

Sunflower inspired Nail Art

I wasn't able to write a post for a while basically because I was preoccupied with a lot of things. Last weekend I did my Niece's makeup for her graduation. this is my first attempt to even do makeup for somebody else. Here's what she looked like..

I don't know if you can see it but I opted for her to have just a natural looking makeup since she is still young and it is after all a graduation not prom. She liked it so much she even kept it the whole day even after she changed into her house clothes.

The rest of the weekend I felt lazy because it's just too darn hot outside! I was at home looking for something to do and I remembered I still had 1 bottle of nail polish from Etude House I need to try. It is the Etude House Petit Darling Nails in PP03. I bought it for P48 at their branch at SM Megamall.





The first nail polish I tried from Etude I really liked because it was quite pigmented. So I guess I kind of expected this to be too. But...(yep here comes the but part) the consistency of this one is a bit too thin for my liking. It took me 3 coats of the nail polish to completely cover the nails underneath.

1st coat

2nd coat

See my thumb? the second coating failed to cover some spots.

I guess I've set the bar too high from the last one. But I sort of  like expected this in a way because last Wednesday I did pass by Etude again to look for a lemon yellow nail polish and I asked the Sales person what was the difference of this from the ones with the dark handles. And yes, she did say it goes on thinner. Well, atleast now I know which ones to buy for my next visit ( I'm lemming for the HD nail polishes that I had to try next! :D). Anyways, I was in the mood for some weekend nail art session after I painted all my nails with this shade. I sported the minty green shade from EH and added a sun art to one corner for a whole week so it was time to change things up but I wanted to stick to the summer theme so I opted to try and draw a sunflower on top of this base color.

I first dotted a glittery bronze nail shade on one corner and added in my reference point for the petals.

and from those lines I carefully drew in little petals using the sassy nail polish that has a nail art brush

This is the closest I could do since I'm still on the look out to buy me some proper nail art pens and tools :))


after completing all the petals and set it dry a little bit, I drew a white border on one side with again, the sassy nail polish ( I have this in yellow, black, and white) and a small line in the middle of each petal. I added a couple of trailing dots for drama hahaha...
then to resemble the center of a sunflower, I put a couple of small black dots on top of the glittery bronze nail polish. And that's it! I just let it dry out completely and topped it off with my favorite Top coat from the Face Shop to seal the nail art.


Voila!!

I had difficulty drawing with the left hand but I managed to do it!! :D Do you have some design tips you can share with me? Or do you know where I could buy the dual tip nail art pens? Please share it with me :D (seriously I need it..hehehe )

2 comments: