Monday, May 28, 2012

Concealers: Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

Hi Ladies! Another week is starting and I hope yours is going great so far. Today, I'm posting about a long over due review of a heavy duty concealer people are even comparing to the one from Makeup Forever, which I had reviewed before here. Hard Candy is not locally available here in the Philippines so I had to order this from Walmart thru a pre-order site. I prefer to order that way just to be certain my order will get to me.  So, keep on reading to know what I think of this product.

According to the Hard Candy website:


Glamoflauge - Heavy Duty Concealer
A heavy duty, highly pigmented, multi-use concealer that delivers ultimate coverage. The formula blends seamlessly into skin with plenty of play time creating a flawless and natural look perfect for any occasion. You can hide everything from dark circles and blemishes to tattoos!

The Glamoflauge concealer is only available in 3 shades: Light, Medium, and Tan. I was going back and forth between Medium and Tan but ended up getting the Tan instead. 


Each Glamoflauge concealer tube comes with a free concealer pencil in the same shade, something I think, is a great deal. :D



The spout of the tube is bit compared to that of the Makeup Forever Full concealer and the consistency is more liquid than that of the MUFE one, I think because that is Silicon-based as opposed to the Glamoflauge which ingredients include:



Here are the swatches:


The pencil is not as pigmented as the liquid concealer though decent enough. It is packaged free to be used hand in hand to cover tattoos. Now, I don't have tattoos but I thought I'd too a demo for you guys on how incredibly pigmented this concealer is.  With just that a dot of that concealer I would attempt to cover these marks.


See? You be the judge. The smell is similar to that of a ballpen ink (I should know as I've accidentally sucked the ink out of a pen a couple of times when I was younger :D). Though, very pigmented, probably more than the MUFE full cover, it does not dry matte and is not budge-proof. Think of it more like a cream concealer. It just sits on top of the skin and does not dry. You definitely have to set this with a light dusting of powder to stay in place. I don't recommend using this as a foundation as this can be a bit sticky when used too much of. Some of its ingredients can also be a bit comedogenic especially for those with oily skin. So I don't advise this for everyday use. This is better used sparingly. 

At the moment, my favorite use for this is mixing it with my OCC Lip tar in Hush to create a new shade to cover hyper-pigmentation around the lips. The pencil I tried using it around the waterline instead of the white eyeliner. So, far, no irritation has occurred. But for others, try it out first if it would work for you for that purpose.  The tube will last me a lifetime and probably won't be purchasing this again anytime soon. This is rated 3.9 out of 5 at www.makeupalley.com.

Anyone here had the chance to try Hard Candy's Glamoflauge Heavy Duty concealer too? Share your experience with us! Glamoflauge could be purchased at www.walmart.com for US$6.00 but you could also order like I did thru a pre-ordering site there are lots on multiply.com. 



Till then,

1 comment:

  1. I want to try this concealer but I’m seeking for reviews first, that’s why I’m here on your blog. :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete