Friday, June 10, 2011

Eternal Sunshine of an Over Productive Mind.. :D

The slumber is my home.
I find comfort in the silence of the unknown.
My hands are tied, my mind is tired.

Shadow of a monster creeps into my veins.
A darker side of me I cannot explain.
Can someone hear my plea?
Is there anybody there who could rescue me?

When will the rain stop?
When will the sky clear up?
I'm dying from your pain,
My heart is bound with balls and chains.

It always starts with a single phrase. I wrote this poem for my dad about a year ago after he was hospitalized for 7 days. A very trying time for all of us and still is. He's still recovering. Though, how could you help someone who doesn't want to help himself? Still hoping. Writing has become my escape, my solace. My journal has always been the friend who'd always listen and be impartial to what I had to say. Thank you :D

I found my old friend today and started reading through the pages. For  a change it was SHE who was telling me MY story. My past dreams, past hopes, and past woes. I missed my journal. :)

I've always been a thinker. Ideas come in and out of my mind like a kid with ADD. It is also my downfall as sometimes (well, most of the time) I tend to over analyze things in my head giving myself a headache. :D So, writing really helps express my thoughts. An outlet for my mind. A way to lessen the "clutter". So don't be afraid to pick up a pen and a paper, or blog if you're more tech-savvy. Blogging is just the same as a journal but on a slightly larger stage and with a bigger audience. You never know, you might actually gain a friend in the process. :D

Anyways, the most amazing thing happened this morning. A dragonfly flew into our kitchen. At this day and age, one could barely spot one fluttering about. Remember trying to catch one when you were a kid? Good times.  That actually gave me comfort that the future would be alright and it's like the dragonfly telling me that it's okay, we're still here. We are not leaving just yet.

How about you? What are the things that give you hope? Something that gives you that warm and fuzzy familiar feeling? How about writing that thought down or share it with us? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment