Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Chocolate Fire Virgin

Yes. Yes. Yes. Guilty as charged. I've been a Chocolate Fire virgin until that faithful night of November 5th 2011. We just egressed from the Global Pinoy Bazaar. It was late and we were hungry. My sister had visited CF a couple of times before so she's aware it is still open at that time. She took pity on her ignorant little sister so she decided to take me there.

Was not able to take photos of the facade and the downstairs dining area where I think one of Willie Wonka's oompa loompas reside. The counter close to the cashier were filled with different chocolate concoctions. I had to take a mental note to close my mouth or I might start to drool. When we went up to the register to order, it was a choice between dessert or savory. Since I haven't had dinner yet I went for a pasta dish and strawberry milkshake to wash it down. The place was so cozy you'd think it's already close from the outside. We went upstairs to look for a table which is easy as there weren't much people at that time.
See that painting of a woman on the bathroom door? I was told that was painted by Solenn Heussaff.
It was late. Please excuse my sister for taking a bit of a snooze while waiting for our food to arrive.
CF Hot Chocolate

Strawberry Milkshake

Pesto Roma

Schublig

The food was okay. Considering the price of each dish, I expected a more pleasing plating. Take that Schublig for example, just that: a sausage, mustard, and rice on a plate. Nothing special. The Schublig, I could've bought in a delicatessen in a pack. The Pasta was just okay either. No meat and this was priced above P200 already! should have had a bit more somethin' somethin'. The milkshake was sinful. Haven't had milkshake in a while so this was a real treat! The hot chocolate was delicious. Not too sweet. I guess savory dishes isn't CF's strong point. The chocolate is the star of the show. So if you are in the mood for a sweet fix, this is the place for you. I'm sure there is something in that bountiful array of chocolate display that will surely satiate your sweet tooth.

So if you're a CF Virgin like me (correction: were), pay them a visit at:

Chocolate Fire
PDCP Building, Leviste cr Rufino Sts, Salcedo Village, Makati City
(near Makati Sports Club)
Contact No.: (02) 840 FIRE (3473)

No comments:

Post a Comment