Monday, July 4, 2011

Product Review: Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick

Ok, so the first time I've tried anything from Estee Lauder was back in college when a tita from Japan sent over some lipstick. I wasn't really brand conscious back then so I just use them all the same without comparing so I can vaguely recall what I had liked about their lipsticks. I wouldn't really have the chance to try anything from Estee again though (because I'm such a practical cheapskate who would think spending 1,000 or more Pesos for a tube of lipstick is just too much) until I took a chance and joined Nikki's (AskMeWhats) and Estee Lauder's  "What's your mood today?" giveaway. I was so ecstatic to see my name on Nikki's site as the winner. Wow! Wow! Wow! Initially the prize included just EL's skincare line but Ms. Liz Aguire was kind enough to have included a tube of the Pure Color lipstick in Pink Lolita. Another sweet gesture included was a handwritten card from Estee Lauder---Thank You! :D

Anyways, They've given me the chance to review the much talked about lipstick  so, here it is...



According to the Estee Lauder Website :

Color so incredible, it leaves your lips wanting more.
True Vision™ technology takes ordinary color and makes it extraordinary.
In a seductive spectrum of shades, from sublime to vivid.

TRUE VISION™ COLOR
  • Maximized color impact
  • Magnified vibrancy, clarity and dimension
  • Amplified brilliance
INDULGES YOUR LIPS
In 2 seductive finishes:
  • Satin, Lasting Creme
  • Lustrous, Lasting Shimmer
Medium-to-full, buildable coverage.
  • Long-lasting wear
  • Fade-resistant
Enriched with lip-loving ingredients, including apricot kernel, shea butter and murumuru butter that leave lips soft and creamy smooth.

"Lipstick makes a woman sensual, powerful and kissable."
-Tom Pecheux, Estée Lauder Creative Makeup Director




Pink Lolita, the color I got, is a very girly, candy pink. I don't normally would pick this shade when buying lipsticks as I tend to gravitate more into the barely there, nude-pink colors. But for some reason, just like before, when I had my "red lippy phase", this time, I wanted to tap into my feminine side and venture into trying out pinks as far out as those really intense fuchsia shades. In other words, getting this lipstick was very timely! :D

I've been reading rave reviews on this and true enough, it is rave worthy. The formula glides on smoothly onto my lips and is very moisturizing. The pigment's intensity last for hours and it is indeed long lasting. It has a scent though which EL likes to call "fig". It didn't really bothered me much and actually found the scent growing on me each time I use this lipstick. I don't have much negative opinion on this product except for the fact that it is really costly for a tube of lipstick. Retails for about P1,350 at the Estee Lauder counters. Here's a swatch of the lippy on my lips:

without flash

with flash


And an LOTD to give you the full idea ladies :D


Have you tried Estee Lauder's New Pure Color Lipstick? Which one is your favorite shade? :D

6 comments:

  1. i haven't tried their lippies too, kinda pricey kse LOL...but definitely looks good on you Angeli!pink lolita is subtle too, noh? anyhoots, congrats again sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haven't tried the new lippies. i remember their old lippies had a scent which i didn't like. :) i'll just go check these at their counters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the the color lights up your face :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Eanah- yup, pricey nga talaga. only thing that's stopping me from buying this lippy. My heart says yes but my practical mind says no!hahaha...it can go subtle to really out there depends on the amount you put in. Thanks sis! :D

    @Sugar- Ooo nga there is a distinct scent to their lippies that I think not everyone will appreciate but the formula is really something.

    @Kari- Thanks Kari! Was surprised too lippies talaga could change your look in an instant! Oh, and welcome to the Droid world! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shade looks really good on you dear!<3

    By the way, I have a giveaway on my blog, you might be interested? Check it out at

    http://tiffiefum.blogspot.com

    for more details! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven’t tried any Estee Lauder lippie yet but I’m planning to purchase one :)
    BTW. nice review! Thanks for sharing.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete