Sunday, March 18, 2012

My HG Facial cleanser (one of them): Mario Badescu Botanical Facial Gel

Price: Php 745.00 8oz. bottle (Rustans Essences)
USD $12.00 8oz. bottle (www.mariobadescu.com)
From Mario Badescu website:

BENEFITS:
A refreshing oil controlling cleanser. This non-soap, non-foaming, gel cleanser is deep cleansing and refreshing for oily skin. Removes make-up, dirt and oil thoroughly without over drying skin. Exfoliating Alpha Hydroxy formula helps prevent build-up that can cause blackheads and pimples.


INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water,Glycerin,Carbomer,Trithanolamine,Methylparaben,Botanical Extract,Germall

I've never given facial cleansers much attention before. I used to think it didn't matter and had put more importance on the facial creams and such. All those years  I've been breaking out, I blamed it all on the hormones and adolescence. Nothing I did stopped the constant skin dilemma until I tried Mario Badescu's facial cleansers and tried a little tenderness :)

Back then, I was addicted to cleansers with beads or micro-beads thinking it's doing my skin good. What I didn't know is that it's actually hurting me aggravating those pimples more. If you have acne, I advise you to stay away from facial scrubs and choose the gentlest cleansers you can afford. Also, use a light hand when you're washing your face otherwise, you'll be doing the same thing and make your condition worse. 

The good great people from Mario Badescu was so nice to let me try this particular cleanser when I asked them for several product recommendations for my skin problem. I have to admit, the first time I used this I was not much of a fan. It wasn't the usual cleanser I was accustomed to that lathers up. In fact, I ended up using too much product to compensate for the "cleansed" feeling bubbles bring. I continued to use it anyways as an alternate to my MB Glycolic Foaming Cleanser (which I love, btw).
After almost a month of constant usage, I started to see positive improvements. I had less frequent breakouts and my skin greatly improved. I just bought my second bottle and this now, along with the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser, is a permanent staple in my routine. What I also love about Mario Badescu is the ingredients list of their products which is very simple and minimal.

Now, I'm left with my other foe - dark spots (a completely different story! Haha..)

Till then,

No comments:

Post a Comment